The Archdiocese of Dublin and the Parish of Bonnybrook value and encourage the participation of children and young people in parish liturgies and in Diocesan and parish activities in order to enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional intellectual and social development.
We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection from all forms of abuse. This commitment is binding on all priests, employees and lay faithful who are employed or who volunteer in our Diocesan offices and agencies, and in our parishes. It extends to all the activities that children share in the life of the Church in our parish and in our Diocese.
After years of work and thanks to a ‘one church’ approach, best safeguarding practice has become part of the culture of the Irish Church.
Video of safeguarding practice in the Catholic Church in Ireland produced by iCatholic
Child Safeguarding and Protection Service
Holy Cross Diocesan Centre
Director and Designated Person:
Mr. Andrew Fagan
Tel: 01 836 0314
Dublin Diocese Child Protection Officer:
Ms. Julie McCullough
Tel: 01 836 0314
Bonnybrook Parish Child Protections Officers:
Sr. Sheila Murphy & Aisling Devine-Hutchinson
Archdiocese of Dublin - Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Child Safeguarding and Protection Policy and Procedures (PDF)
- Procedure for Dealing with Allegations of Child Abuse Against Priests of the Diocese (PDF)
Archdiocese of Dublin - Forms
- Incident / Accident Report Form (Microsoft Word Document)
- Adult Volunteer and Declaration Form (Microsoft Word Document)
- Parental Child and Medical Consent Form (Microsoft Word Document)